Monday 5 March 2018

Blossom Branch

I have a flowery card to share today, featuring a new stamp from Penny Black called 'Blossom Branch'. I used the watercolour stamping technique with some of my Distress Inks (colours used: Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Festive Berries, Wilted Violet, Dusty Concord, Blueprint Sketch & Chipped Sapphire). I inked up the stamp then spritzed if with a little water, then stamped it on to some waterolour paper...I added a little too much water in some parts...losing some of the definition of the image, but I still like the effect...more practice needed though! I trimmed the panel down to a square, distressed the edges a little and added a sentiment (from the Hero Arts 'Fabulous Birthday' set).


Challenges for this card:


7 comments:

  1. I like it!
    I too am guilty of 'too much'. Too much water, too much ink, too much Spraying - the list is endless!
    Sometimes though the 'too much' is what gives your work your own stamp I think! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Helen, love the colours and gorgeous sentiment
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty floral card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the watercolour technique! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and stamp love the watercolour effect --Thank you for joining us at Love To Scrap
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fresh and pretty card, Helen. I love that technique with the ink and the water - you get such great multicoloured detail. The image rightly takes centre stage!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers, and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x