Wednesday 3 January 2018

ABC Christmas Challenge - A & B are for?

Over at the ABC Christmas Challenge, we're starting our ninth (!) trip through the alphabet...I'm the host, and the themes for this month are:

'A is for Antlers'
and
'B is for Birds'

We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge:

Prize - £20 Gift Certificate!

and

Prize - $25 Gift Certificate!

There's also a little prize from me too...a DoCrafts Christmas stamps:

I made a card for each of the themes...and on my 'A is for Antlers' card, I used a new (to me) die set by Tim Holtz (for Sizzix) called 'Winter Wonderland'. I started by cutting the deer from snippets of kraft card...then inked them with a little 'Brushed Corduroy' and 'Gathered Twigs' Distress Ink. To make the sky, I took a piece of watercolour paper that I'd 'smooshed' with various shades of blue Distress Inks (Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Broken China, Salty Ocean & Chipped Sapphire), and used the 'falling snow' die in the set a couple of times, then added a piece of plain white card behind it. I used my Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Hillside Border' dies to cut the snowy slopes, then layered them all up, and placed the deer on top. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


I stuck with some old favourites on my 'B is for Birds' card...using a trio of chickens by Penny Black called 'Carolers', which I coloured using watercolour pencils. The papers are from the 'Christmas Cheer' pad by Lily Bee Design...I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The sentiment stamp is again from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Great cards Helen!
    I love them both!
    Those wee chickens are awesome!
    Thanks for watercolouring with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! those chickens are simply awesome, can't help but imagine their beautiful voices singing at the top of their lungs.
    Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this Tim H. Sizzix die. Gorjuss card. Can't believe you are already on the count of 7. I must start nex week then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both brilliant cards. Those TH dies are very tempting and the wee chickens are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful hills and sky on your first card and love the use of papers on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Helen, the deer are fabulous and I love the little chickens, both are super cute :-)

    Happy New Year!! :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, lovely use of Tim's dies and I adore the scene you've created! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards and such a great use of the dies to build the scene! Thank you for playing with us at Through The Craftroom Door ATG Challenge and looking forward to seeing you again next time! Good luck!
    Regards,
    Sunila and Aditi- DT
    www.dotstolinesblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card with great paper choice. Thank you very much for sharing with us at Crafthazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x