Friday 30 December 2016

Skating Snowy

I'm starting a new Christmas card tally in my sidebar for next Christmas(!!), and this is the first card to make it in. I received some new Penny Black stamps for Christmas...including this little 'Skating Snowy', so it would have been rude not to ink them up and play! I coloured him using watercolour pencils then cut him out using one of my trusty Nestie circle dies and combined him with papers from a really old My Mind's Eye pad called 'Wonderful Winter'...I re-discovered this in my paper stash a couple of weeks ago and have fallen in love with it all over again! I cut out some of the larger snowmen from a snippet of one of the papers...I thought that Snowy might like some company! I added some faux stitching and a sentiment from a set by Lili of the Valley.


Challenges for this card:

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card Helen..No Christmas is complete without Snowy :) Love him!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is / was beautiful paper. I hoarded it, too, too pretty to cut into! I finally used a bunch of it this year. I like how you cut out the snowmen from the paper to keep your stamped image company!

    Thanks for joining us for our Out With the Old, In With the New challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. The snowmen are so cute. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Helen!
    My name is Karen, and I just came across your blog. It's nice to meet you!

    I would like to invite you to play along in a couple of fun challenges. I'd LOVE seeing your sweet cards linked with us:

    Word Art Wednesday - Always Anything Goes/Family Friendly - Our prize right now is $25 to Simon Says Stamp
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Paper Sweeties - Snowman Theme - Prize is $25 to the Paper Sweeties shop (stamps, dies and so much more).

    I really hope you will link up with us. Your art is SO super cute.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute snowmen card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love your snowmen !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week and Happy New Year !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous start to the New Year Helen..love your cute snowman..gorgeous card.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Imagine That Digistamp

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun image. Great papers to match. Thanks for joining us at Imagine That Digistamp for Joys of the Seasons, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties for our first challenge. CraftyNatalie - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x