Thursday 28 January 2016

Rainbow Chevrons

I thought I'd give you a little break from Christmas cards (I have do have a couple more ready to blog though...so the festive posts will return shortly!) and show you this pair of cards that I made over the Christmas break. I received some Prima water-soluble oil pastels for Christmas, and I used them on these cards to create a rainbow effect. I started by stamping a Hero Arts background stamp 'Chevrons') in Versamark Ink on white card, then heat embossed it using white powder. I scribbled with my pastels over the top of the embossing using a rainbow of colours, then blended them together using a paintbrush and some water. To create the cards, I trimmed my coloured piece in half vertically, then matted them on to some snippets of black card. They weren't quite long enough for a standard A6 card, so I cut across each piece to stretch them over the full length of the cards...it left a handy space for stamping a sentiment (these are from the 'Handwritten Borders' set by Simon Says Stamp).


It was a really bright day when I took the above photo, so here's a better look at one of the cards:


Challenges for these cards:


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful chevron backgrounds Helen - and, even though it was done through necessity, what a great idea to split the strips of chevrons and then add the stamped sentiment! Love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is a bright cheerful card on a dreary day! Love it.

    It's Hooch O'Clock in the Playground Treehouse . . . come and join the fun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, such bright cheerful cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eye Catching beauty the image is simply fab. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Aud Sentiment Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs    
    Berni,DT
    audsentimentschallenge.
    ~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I absolutely love the chevron pattern, and the design of your wonderful CAS cards!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at TTCRD this week, good luck! Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
    Denice - TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS, rainbow and watercolor! That's all I need :D
    Wonderful cards :)
    Thanks for playing along in the Artistic Inspirations Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors look great! Very nice cards! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x