Wednesday 22 January 2014

ABC Christmas Challenge - B is for...

We have a new ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Samantha is the host, and the theme is:

'B is for Bare Essentials'
(Use the bare minimum of embellishments)

Our sponsor for this challenge is Care2Stamp:
Prize: a $15 gift code!

I made an ultra bare CAS card...I experimented with stamping in water over Distress Inks to create a snowy background. I blended various shades of blue ink (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky & Chipped Saphire) on to white card, then spritzed my snowflake stamps ('Snow Swirl' by Stampendous and 'Snowflakes' by Hero Arts) with plain water before stamping. I stamped the 'Snow Swirl' again in black...adding a Penny Black sentiment, then spritzed over it all with 'Baby's Breath' Cosmic Shimmer.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Helen and a great technique! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Helen :-) I love the background and arty look of this ,, totally amazing ! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Helen. Great background, I have to try that technique, it is beautiful. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this Helen. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your experiment went out really good, Helen, beautiful CAS card,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of the background! Wonderful job on it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Delightful Challenges, "Brrr, anything Winter"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely winter card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Bare' sounds such a harsh way to describe this beautiful card! It's so delicate and pretty :-)
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute. Love the technique. Thanks for joining our BRRR Anything Winter Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    Design Team
    Delightful Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 160 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for Januaryr - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card, great job on a CAS card, love that swirl and your background. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Winter Blues.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x