Tuesday 13 August 2013

Climbing Up

It was my birthday at the weekend...and I recieved some fab new crafty goodies which I had a little play with yesterday evening. On this card, I've used a new stamp ('Climbing Up' by Woodware) and a gorgeous butterfly die (by Joy Crafts) from my lovely bloggy buddy Pauline. I started by stamping a Hero Arts 'Music' background stamp on a piece of white card, then blended 'Stormy Sky' and 'Bundled Sage' Distress Inks over the top...blending 'Old Paper' and 'Brushed Corduroy' around the edges. I stamped the 'Climbing Up' stamp using the watercolour technique, using 'Faded Jeans', 'Chipped Saphire' and 'Forest Moss' inks. For the background, I blended 'Old Paper' and 'Brushed Corduroy' inks over white card before embossing using my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' and Craft Concepts 'Blooming Season' folders. I cut the butterfly from card inked with 'Chipped Saphire' and 'Brushed Corduroy', and added a sentiment from the Hero Arts 'Fabulous' set.


Challenges for this card:

13 comments:

  1. Hello Helen, Happy belated Birthday - so sorry I missed it - I have so much going on with my Husband at the moment in hospital, I am missing everyone's special day! Your card is so pretty, love the colours and images. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the delicate watercolour look to your stamping. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! Oh, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous and elegant card! Great soft colors. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. I like the way you've combined the die cut butterfly with the stamped background. Nicely done. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Helen happy belated b'day and wow love your new stamp so nice so see your using your new goodies already sometimes we put them in a draw and forget them xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, Helen.. Great card as always. Thanks for joining at Creative Craft Challenges: Tic Tac Toe
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a beautiful, elegant card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely Helen and so perfect for our theme.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! What a fab friend you have, it's so nice to get crafty presents :-) love your card. The distressing is wonderful and the stamping very vintage. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative card and lovely colours. Beautful embossing. Thank for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey!
    Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very Pretty card , thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous creation, Helen, and perfect for our theme! I love it!Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations for our Wings and Things and a Touch of Vintage theme. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x