Friday 13 July 2012

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Use an Un-inked Stamp

Our theme for you this week over at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long is:

 'Use an Un-inked Stamp'
(or one that's not seen any ink in a while)

The winner of this challenge will get to guest design for one of next month's challenges!

I'm usually quite good at inking up new stamps...they don't tend to sit around for long before I use them (papers on the other hand...), but as I was looking through my Christmas stamps, I found a sweet little Hero Arts set called 'Enjoy the Season' that I'd bought in the post-Christmas sales and (to my shame) never used! I stamped the tree in black, then 'coloured' the branches using 'Soft Gold' Cosmic Shimmer pigment, then mounted them on to my cards (to make up for not having used the stamp, I made three cards!) matted with some gold mirror card. These cards are quite dinky...4 inches square - a great size, as you can cut 3 from an A4 sheet of card, and perfect for 'production line' Christmas crafting!


(Click the photo to get a better view)

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Helen. Gorgeous set of christmas card's love the tree stamp. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous collection of cards

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Helen I love these - so cute and the stamp is really pretty. Sounds like you did what i sometimes do .... find things I'd forgotten I had lol!! Sorry I haven't visited much recently ... chained to my workdesk pretty much, but today I'm on holiday yippee!! Have a good weekend
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely and stylish set;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. elegant set of cards thanks for joining us at 2sisters this week good luck tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. Love those trees. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck.Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, love the stamp and such elegent cards. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are terrific Helen
    Very elegant
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab set of cards. I think I have alot of stamps that have either not been inked for a while or at all!! Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous cards Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely Helen, the gold looks amazing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply fab - this design is just great for batch making cards

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great christmas cards. Lovely tree stamps.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is the perfect size for gift giving! Add them to a plate of cookies--two heartfelt gifts!!! LOVE the gorgeous tree image, a beautiful set of cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute cards....LOve them. Such a pretty stamp.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a really cute image and I love the simplicity of the cards. The gold matting is a perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x