Tuesday 14 February 2012

Whimsical Flowers

I've used more stamps from my prize on today's card...these flowers are from the 'Touch of Whimsy' set by Penny Black. I masked off a vertical strip, then blended 'Milled Lavender' Distress Ink over the card blank...I then blended more of the same ink over the top to create some darker stripes (I'm afraid I couldn't get the stripes to show up very in a photo...but they are there...lol). I stamped the flowers over the top using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink. The sentiment stamp is from the CCSR set by Papermania.


Challenges for this card:

16 comments:

  1. You're right - the stripes are subtle but I can just see them! Very delicate and pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less is definitely more in this case. Loving it.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning Helen:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the elegeant look! Great stamp! I currently have a birthday blog candy on my blog btw! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CAS card - love the very subtle stripes. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with "Monochrome Magic" at Crafty Cardmakers!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there, such a stylish and pretty CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the design.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Subtle stripes helen, but most effective
    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very understated Helen and very lovely!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post. Now you can use this business india list to promote metal crafts import & export business.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and very elegant CAS card. Just perfect for our "CAS" Challenge at Sweet Stampin`. Thank you for join us. We hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see stripes! Elegant hun, very classy. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x