Saturday 18 February 2012

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Pearls & Lace

It's Saturday...and that means a brand new Penny Black Saturday Challenge...the theme this week is:

'Pearls & Lace'

The prize for this challenge is this adorable Mimi stamp:


Generously donated by ex-PBSC DT member Carole.

I've used one of the stamps from the 'Touch of Whimsy' set that I received recently as part of my prize in the Penny Black category of the Cardmaker of the Year competition on my card...I coloured it using watercolour pencils to match the blues & greens of the BasicGrey 'Marjolaine' papers. I distressed the edges a littel...then added faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. I used lace (from Hobbycraft) to form a scalloped border along the central strip...and added some blue adhesive pearls in a couple of the corners. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Cupcakes' set by Hero Arts...and I dissected a few flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts) so that I could place the different coloured petals behind it.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

15 comments:

  1. Love that stamp with the flower! Thanks for joining the distress-challenges at Dutch Dare Card Challenges!
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen.Very pretty stamp,beautifully coloured.Love everything about your card.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card thank you for joining us at Dutch Dare this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely breathtakingly! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen your card is gorgeous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, gorgeous image and papers. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Have a great weekend ♥Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Helen, these papers are gorge! I hope you're having a nice weekend!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty, love the papers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Helen...

    have a lovely weekend hun...big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a lovely job with your watercolors. And your distressing is so subtle, love the look.
    Thanks for playing along at Dutch Dare Card Challenges.
    Smiles,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Helen. Love that image and also how you've put petals behind the sentiment - great idea.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is beautiful Helen love it

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cards are so different and amazing look.Thanx to share with us this different and nice.


    kids scooters 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x