Saturday 22 October 2011

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Too Cute to Spook

Yippee! Not only is it Saturday...but it's half-term...so I now have a whole week off work...woo-hoo! And what better way to start, than with a new Penny Black Saturday Challenge? Our theme for you this week is:

'Too Cute to Spook'

The prize for the lucky winner is 'Frightful Flight':

I've made a little pillow box for some Hallowe'en treats...using an image from the 'Don't be Scared' set...of course by Penny Black. I coloured him using watercolour pencils, then cut him out using my Nesties. I added some paper from the 'Boo yo you!' collection by My Mind's Eye...having distressed the edges and added faux stitchinhg using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


I'm also entering this box into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Helen. What a cute box! I love the image and colouring and the stitching looks real :)! have a great weekend with your family, Miria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Helen.


    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Helen this is so sweet - definitely too cute to spook! Have a great weekend and half term ... wish I had a week off work next wek lol!
    Hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute little halloween treat box helen...enjoy the weekend...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute. Have a nice weekend and of course hope that next week will be good as well. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute pillow box, Helen! Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey’s Colour Challenge!

    Kathleen – Guest Designer
    Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant pillow box love the image thanks for playing with us at PCJ this time
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little treat box Helen. Love it.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, what a gorgeous little gift, I love it!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this adorable little pillow box! Fun way to package treats! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable Helen, what a fab idea. thank you for joining us at Hooked on Craft challenges.
    Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this pillow box Helen! What a sweet design, adorable image. Thank you so much for joining in on our Orange & Black challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x