Sunday 22 May 2011

Pile It On! Challenge - Beary Good Friends

This week's Pile It On!Challenge is:

'Beary Good Friends'
(In other words, we'd like to see at least one bear on your projects)

Our sponsor for this challenge is Stamp Fairy:


I have quite a few bear stamps in my collection, and decided to ink up this adorable Lili of the Bear called 'Deckchair Dreaming', as I hadn't used him in a while...I love the way he looks like he's having a 'post picnic' snooze! I coloured him using watercolour pencils to match the blues and greens of the BasicGrey papers I wanted to use...from the 'Kioshi' and 'Offbeat' pads. I distressed all of the edges using my scissors (I can't find my distressing tool...eeeeek!...so if anyone sees it let me know!), then added faux stitching around the edges of the papers using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. Oh, just in case anyone's interested, the 'kraft' card blank is by Papermania...it's a little darker than the Bazzill 'kraft' I used to mat the image on to, but inking the edges helps to disguise that!


Here are the challenges that I've Piled On!:
For more inspriation from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Pile It On! Challenge.

22 comments:

  1. Aww this is gorgeous Helen, I especially love the distressed look with the papers. Thanks for playing along this week with Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! How cute is this?! I love that sweet image! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Helen, image and colour combo!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Oldie But A Goodie for Pauline's Teddy Bears Picnic
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh he looks chillaxed.. love the soft muted colours and the distressing
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Helen...such a cutie hun!

    have a lovely afternoon...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Helen this is so very pretty, beautiful colour theme and design, and fabulous colouring and the image is simply adorable,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week,

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen, what a fantastic card. I love the image and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the sweet stop sketch. And your bear is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, love the squares and the distressed look. Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Helen. Love the distressing and the papers are lovely. Love that bear relaxing in his deckchair.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww helen love it! I have this stamp and shame on me, have never inked it .. was thinking of dusting it off though for one or two of these "summery" challenges :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yes, I love that LotV bear! He looks so peaceful! Your colours and papers look so good together - lovely card!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card. Thank for joining us at Truly scrumptious

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. aaah this is adorable!! thanks for sharing your fab card with us at Crafty catz x carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wooaaw, so cute ♥ Great DP and a wonderful motiv!

    Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
    Hugs, Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful card,lovely layout and image. Thanks for joining us this week at Truly Scrumptious...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely adorable!! Too cute and I love the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous mix of papers Helen, your distressing is brilliant and your image adorable. I love the CAS look of this!!

    So glad you could join us at Basic Grey,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super super cute! Gorgeous image & love the colours you've used. Thanks so much for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab entry, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous colour blocking and a super cute LOTV bear. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x