Saturday 26 March 2011

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Christmas in Spring

It's Tracie's turn to set the theme for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week, and she has chosen:

'Christmas in Spring'

Perfect for those of you (like me!) trying to get ahead by making Christmas cards all year round.

As it's the last challenge of the month, it's your last chance to be included for the draw for the prize from our fabulous sponsor The Stamping Boutique.

I've used  a stamp from the 'Jolly Friends' set by Penny Black, which I coloured using watercolour pencils, and then used 'Crystal' Stickles (available here at the Secret Crafter) to add some sparkle. The papers are by My Mind's Eye from the 'Colourful Christmas' and '29th Street Market' collections, and I used my distressing tool to rough up the edges before adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. The sentiment stamp is also by Penny Black, and the snowflakes were cut using Marianne Creatables dies (available here at the Secret Crafter).


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Totally adorable Helen...such a cute image and lovely dp's too hun..

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so cute and I love the image with the snow covered umbrella, such a great Xmas creation
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, love the bright colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Helen this is just amazing, your distressing is just perfect, I wish my distressing turned out that brilliant,

    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Helen - I love those hedgies. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. how gorgeous! so love the non tradional colours you used, very cute image too!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Sketch Challenge!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute Helen - I do love PB hedgies!

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, lovely image and fab distressing too, thanks for joining us at paper play, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Helen. Love that image and great colour combo.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card, I love the distressed edges and the stitching Thanks for playing along at CCC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Helen!
    This is so adorable. I love the image, but won't their backsides get chilly! Those papers are pretty gorgeous too!
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card, what a wonderful image you have used !

    Thank you for joining us at PaperPlay Challenges this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x