Saturday 19 February 2011

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - GDT Card!

The theme of this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge is:

'Cards for Men'

I really enjoy making men's cards...and I love using Penny Black doggie stamps on them. This one is called 'Circus Act'...I love the one holding his ears up for the one on the top to sit on! lol
I coloured them with watercolour pencils, and then carefully cut them out...well, I didn't want to accidentally snip off a tail! I decided to make a side-step card, and used Kraft card for a more masculine feel. The papers I used are from the 'Offbeat' pad by BasicGrey, and I distressed the edges using inks and my distressing tool, before adding some faux stitching. The stars were cut using Nesties, and the little sentiment (in the centre of he largest star) is a stamp from a little Studio G set. I used my Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet to cut the letters.


Here's a view showing the 'steps':


Don't forget to pay those lovely PBSC girls a visit for more inspiration :0)

It's half-term...woo-hoo!...and I'm off to Norfolk this morning to visit my parents...have a good weekend everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabby - what a great way to use such a long stamp, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen. Saw your card and had to tell you I LOVE IT!
    The image is fantastic and had me smiling, I think the dog who's face you cannot see 'cos of the dog on his head is so funny.
    I love the papers you ahve used and the great distressing and stars...perfect to me. Look forward to seeing wht else you do. I have followed you. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Helen!! That stamp is so funny and perfect for those difficult men in our lives!
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card and what a great image! Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Helen and great shaped card too :o)

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card for a man Helen.The image is lovely.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Helen, the colours are fab and I love those stars. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Helen - this is fab! I love the side-stepper style and this stamp is made for it! Gorgeous papers and distressing too!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Helen, love the design and a perfect image for a Dad's card too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool shaped card. And those doggies are soo sweet.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic! great shaped card for this stamp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great male card Helen. I love that Penny Black image, it's a real fun image.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Helen - really love this card - brilliant image, gorgeous papers, and I love the step effect - are there any tutorials anywhere on how to make one?? Have a great half term
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is fabulous Helen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x