Tuesday 11 January 2011

Cuttlebug Spot - Inspired by a Song

This week at the Cuttlebug Spot we're getting:

'Inspired by a Song'

I think it's fairly obvious which song I took my inspiration from...but just in case you haven't guessed...it's 'Lady in Red' by Chris de Burgh (can't actually stand the song, but it was the first thing I thought of! lol)
The image is 'Ginger' by Penny Black (although I've made her blonde), and the papers are from the '365 Degrees'  pad by Pink Paislee. I used my Cuttlebug 'Kassie's Brocade' folder to emboss on some of the plain red paper, sanding the surface to reveal the white core. I added a sentiment (from the Hreo Arts 'Anytime Messages' set), some Prima flowers, and some spotty ribbon.


I have a little confession to make...I originally got the theme totally wrong...eeeek...for some reason when I transfered my lists of DT project themes into my diary, I somehow managed to write the theme of today's challenge as 'Inspired by a Film'...ooops! Anyway...after I emailed it to Nilda, she pointed out that it should have been a 'song' and not a 'film'...but not to worry...just pick a song from the film...and that's fine...well...the film I took as my inspiration was 'The Snowman' based on the Raymond Briggs...and there is a song in the film, a very famous one in fact...called 'Walking in the Air' (I'm sure you must have all heard it a million times over Christmas...which would have been fine, except...this was the card I made:


Not exactly flying are they? lol
The particular scene I took my inspiration from was the one where the little boy wakes up the morning after his adventure with the snowman, to find him melted on the lawn....only a hat and scarf to mark where he'd been...

Anyway...in case anyone's interested...the image and sentiment on my snowman card are from the 'Meting Snowman' set by Woodware...it's the 'after' image from the 'before' one on the card I posted on Sunday. I stamped some little snowflakes (from the 'Bubble Tree' set also by Woodwaare) in Versamark on the card blank, and then added some more kraft card embossed with my beloved 'Snowflakes' folder.

For more inspiration...on the correct theme! lol...please check out the fabulous samples by my lovely Cuttlebug Spot DT buddies.

8 comments:

  1. Two fab cards as always Helen - the melting snowmen image did make me smile. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and aw, come on, I love the song "Lady in Red". Hilarious story about your mix up. That card is really cute too, though. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilerious! Love your honesty! I can't stand the song either but your card has made up for it! Did you know it was Princess Diana's favorite song??

    Love all your cards, you are a true wonder, your cards are wonderful!! How much time do they take?? I am just wondering :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny, Helen! I think I may have done that too but I caught it before I sent to Nilda. Both cards are very cute. I love those 5 snowmen so thanks for sharing that one too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Helen!

    Fabulous cards hun, love the melting snowman card and the lady in red is just beautiful :o)

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards Heleln, love the embossing on them. And you story is fab .. and very honest!!

    Sorry I haven't been round, life has been hectic but now settling down.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so nice...love all the detail and love love love that song. Now I'm singing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. tehehhee, great songs, awesome cards Helen! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x