Friday 11 June 2010

Dogs for Dad

It was my Dad's Birthday yesterday...and it's Father's Day soon too...so when I was at home over half-term, I made a couple of things for my Dad.


The gift tag on the bottle is for Father's Day, and the card was for his Birthday - it's a wallet type card, with some gift vouchers inside. I've photographed them together, as they match...although he won't be getting them at the same time! The images are both Penny Black ('Circus Act' and from the 'Bubbly' set), I used my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' folder for the embossing, the ribbon is from Hobbycraft, the tag was cut using a Sizzix die, and the little sentiment stamp is from a Studio G set.

Here's a close-up of the card:



The little sentiments are actually holding a bookmark in place...they're raised on 3D foam, so that the bookmark slides in and out.

Here's the bookmark:


 

I'm going to enter these in to the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge where the theme is 'Father's Day/Men's Cards' and Stampavie & More's 'Spots' challenge.

10 comments:

  1. I bet your dad adored his bookmark card sweetie, brilliant and clever, and I suspect he might just enjoy his other present too! Loving those PB puppies. Hugs, Sxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Helen! what a fabulous gift and card for your dad, and I love those cute puppies!
    enjoy your day.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute, how nice to see PB stamps on differnt things. Circus act is a right cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, hope your Dad had a great Birthday yesterday. Your gift project is so lovely, I know your he will treasure it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous card and tag Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely set Helen. Your Dad must love it. And possibly the anonymous bottle too!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, such a gorgeous creation. The image is so cute and your coloring is just perfect.

    Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever, love the bookmark design.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project but Ithought it a bit 'wuff' on men....! LOL! Only joking - luv the pups!
    Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x