Monday 15 March 2010

Silly Birds!

I won this fab digi stamp a couple of months ago...but this is the first time I've used it...it's called 'Silly Birds with Hats' from Hambo Stamps. I've made this card for the Dare U 2 Digi Stamp 'No Patterned Paper' challenge...and if you know me...you'll know that this really was a challenge! lol
Although saying that...I've got three more cards to show you this week that don't use any patterned papers either...I guess they must be like buses! lol
As the birds have wings...I'm also going to enter this into the Totally Papercrafts 'Things with wings' challenge.
I followed the sketch from Create4Fun...rotating it to fit my image.
I used my Cuttlebug 'Happy Birthday', 'Swiss Dots' and 'Spots & Dots' folders to emboss the papers, lightly sanding the surface to reveal the detail.


I didn't add any extra embellishments as I think this card would be suitable for a boy's birthday...so with that in mind...I'm also entering it into the following challenges:

My Time to Craft - 'Kids Cards'
Crazy4Challenges - 'Men'
Creative Inspirations - 'Male'

17 comments:

  1. OMG hun, I nearly rolled off the sofa laughing! What a fabulous image this is - absolutely adore it. Well done on no patterns, it's not easy is it?! Thanks for starting my Monday with a huge smile. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Helen,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Helen. I love that iamge and great embossing.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Helen, love the fun image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab card - made me smile! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen
    what a great card i luv that images its brill, cute faces. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh what a func ute image!! Love it - and fab embossing
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww Helen this is gorgeous I love the image so cute hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card fab image youve choosen.Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations this week ,hope to see you next time .Good luck jude:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh! what a fab card the image is brilliant I must have it lol and I love the distressing you have done on your embossing Thanks for joining us this week @ DU2DS xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, love the papers and your image. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week, good luck in the draw. Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Helen

    this is gorgeous! I love the embossing, and the gorgeous colours you have used. thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. great image and detail thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helen i love this fun card, it made me chuckle! The colours are super, love the embossing too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Helen
    Love this image, a fab card hun
    Thanks for playing along with totally papercrafts
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute image. A very fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun challenge.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helen this is gorgeous, love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x