Tuesday 16 March 2010

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Guest Designer Card

This is my last card as a Guest Designer for the Papertake Weekly Challenge, where the challenge this week is a colour combo:

'Lemon & Lilac'

Now these aren't colours I use very often...and I was a bit worried about how they'd work...but I love the way they look together on this card. I couldn't find any suitable papers...so I decided to use plain card, and emboss with my Cuttlebug to create some texture. I used the 'Swiss Dots' and 'Victoria' folders on the lemon card, which I matted on to lilac. The image is 'Lavender Dreams', the flower (split in two, and added behind the image) is from Poppicrafts, and the pearls are from the Quixotic Paperie.

Make sure you go and check out the fabulous cards by the regular design team - thanks for having me girls, I've really loved being a part of your team! :0)

12 comments:

  1. So cute..love those mices!!!
    hugs
    Jan...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! so fresh, love the way you did the flowers at the sides too! brilliant Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Helen :-) I love the stamp you used ,, sooo cute and the papers and embossing are fab :-)

    it has been lovely having you on the PTW team :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    thanks for your lovely card and pressie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the herb, lavendar. It smells so good! I can't wait for it to start coming up in my yard!!!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Helen, love the image and the soft colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is truly adorable. You have done a brilliant job with it. Love it. xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Helen! Love the embossing! It's been a joy having you on the DT! Thanks so much for joining us!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Helen such a cute image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Helen, adorable. Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen this is beautiful, love the image its gorgeous and just so suits the colour combo
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x