Wednesday 24 February 2010

ABC Christmas Challenge - E is for...

We've reached the letter E over on the ABC Christmas Challenge...and our theme for you this fortnight, has been chosen by the lovely Cathy, which is:

'E is for Elf'

Well...if you don't have an elf...we don't mind if you use a gnome or pixie or other fairy folk on your projects...just as long as it's Christmassy! lol

Cathy's 'extra' is to use the colours Red & Green on your creations.

For my card, I've used an elf image by Magnolia (kindly sent to me by my ABC Challenge DT buddy Vicky), which I've watercoloured, and then cut out. I've perched her on some fabulous red pom-pom trim, sent to me by my lovely new DT buddy Lacey...who is also sponsoring this challenge...and has donated a fabby WOJ Gnome stamp from her Stamp & Create Store as a prize for the lucky winner. The papers are all My Mind's Eye - the striped and plain ones, are from the '29th Street Market' collection, and the spotty one is from the 'Wonderful Winter' pad. I used my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder for the embossing, lightly sanding the surface to reveal the white core. The sentiment stamp is by Paper MakeUp, and the cute little stocking charm is also form Lacey.


For my card, I followed the sketch from the Just Christmas & Birthdays Challenge...although I did cheat a little, so that my little elf could sit on the pom-poms! lol

For inspiration, make sure you visit the ABC Christmas Challenge...including gorgeous cards from our lovely new design team members!

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Helen,i love your image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little elf Helen! Love the use of the sketch too. Gorgeous card. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Helen. Alva lookks very festive and the papers are lush.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image ,, very cute and the papers and pompom ribbon are gorgeous :-) fab sketch too :-)


    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen. Such a pretty card. Lovely colours, design and image. Gorgeous.
    Happy Crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW Helen this is gorgeous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dp used and the embossing looks great. Love your image too sitting proudly on that fantastic pompom ribbon.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the papers on your card Helen, and this cute little Magnolia elf too!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Helen, love this little Elf...too cute :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brillaint card Helen I just loveeeeeeeee the embossing, papers and the way you have used the items Lacey gave us! the pom pom look so different. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helen. Great card and layout. Love that elf.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute Helen - she's a very sweet elf - never seen her before :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cute card!
    thanks for joining us at JCBC!

    lg janina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card/image and layout and I am sure they will not mind you cheating just a little bit. Lol!!! Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x