Saturday 30 May 2009

Dies to Die For Sketch Challenge

Tracy, from Dies to Die For, has a competition running on her blog at the moment, with a fabby sketch by Dawny, and gorgeous stamps for the winners. I've used the sketch to make a 'Congratulations' card for one of my flatmates - she's celebrating finishing her degree course and handing in her dissertation (she works full time, so it's taken her 5 years, part-time, so she's celebrating in style!). I don't have any 'graduation' images, but I found this gorgeous Penny Black mouse image ('Bubble of Joy'), stamped for me by my lovely friend Pauline in amongst my box of images, which was just perfect. I coloured him with watercolour pencils, and added a sentiment from the set by Clare Curd for Papermania. I decided to use one of my favourite colour combos, of pink and green, with these gorgeous BasicGrey papers (from the 'Sultry' pad). The flowers and ribbon are from Poppicrafts, the raffia lace is from Hobbycraft, the pearl brad is by Papermania, and I couldn't resist using some Craftwork Cards card candy to echo the bubble shape on the image and paper.


You'll have to be quick if you fancy winning those fabby stamps...as the competition closes tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card Helen,l love the papers and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x