Monday 22 December 2008

One final Christmas card

This card was made from a pack of goodies sent out by my lovely friend Pauline to a group of crafting friends for our monthly (ish) challenge. I made the card to give to my Mum, so I've been waiting until I'd given it to her, before putting it on here. The pack contained: 2 6x6 sheets of gorgeous Basic Grey 'Figgy Pudding' double-sided paper (of which 3 of the patterns had to be visible on the finished card); 1 snowflake brad; a length of sparkly ribbon; a piece of pearlised white card; and a small white paper flower.
When I saw the brad, I just knew I had to use this stamp (Penny Black 'Xmouse Ornament!'), so I masked off the snowflake part of the stamp and replaced it with the brad. I've decoupaged the little mouse, although you can't see that very well in the photo. The kit was great fun to use - thank you Pauline! The only thing I added (apart from my stamped images) was a couple more flowers (as I had some of the same style, and I thought the one little flower looked a bit lonely!) and a bit of faux-stitching around the layers of paper.



3 comments:

  1. It's fabulous Helen ... I'm so glad you enjoyed playing with my li'l kit and am sooo ipressed with your results :-)
    hope you ahve a wonderful Christmas and Happy New year
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous helen,i love the image...so sweet and paper's are yummy,i still havent used mine yet oh well theres always next year lol.happy christmas amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet card, so beautiful.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x