Sunday 14 September 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge 14

Well, after all the gorgeous girly cards over on the Penny Black Saturday Challenge blog last week, I suppose it's only fair, that the challenge this week is to make 'A Man's Card, But No Blue'.
I struggled to decide which stamps to use, as most of mine seem to be more suited to girls cards, but in the end I thought I'd have a go with some of these cute 'Bear Blanks' that my friend Carol sent me a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really have a clear idea of how this card was going to turn out when I started it, as it sort of 'evolved'! I've used papers by Daisy D's, and sentiment stamps by Hero Arts ('Anytime Messages'). I stamped the letters on the bear blanks with some cute little alphabet stamps by Studio G that I picked up recently in The Range, for the bargain price of £1! I guess that this card will be perfect for Fathers Day next year...if I can remember where I've put it by then!


Hope you like it!

10 comments:

  1. well it turned out just dandy Helen - love the stripey paper and how you have used the papers for your word - thanks for playing along again this week at PBSC
    Love
    kath
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Helen - love those bears and the papers are beautiful. I also love the sentiments .. wouldn't mind getting those!
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little bears are wonderful holding dad letters, nicely done. Thanks for playing along in this weeks PBSC ~ Jovi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a great Dads card an I love the colours and those little cute bears, glad someone else loses card
    Thanks for joining PBSC this week
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Helen, love the little images, and your choice of BP. LOuise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Hellen. I love those Bear blanks. Great papers too.
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a bargain! This is fab, I love the stripey paper! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card, love those teddies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these little letter bears!

    Mrs Wonka x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x